Saturday, May 16, 2009

Closed fist open heart

I am my mother. As much as I try to perfect her already perfection, I am exactly the same.

Anything that is hers is hers and you better not touch it, or you better replace it within seconds.

I like my things. I'm not willing to share. Why! Who cares! 

Ok. So I had a thought. I have a new roommate with whom I obviously share the fridge. I left a lone beer in there thinking, "I'll get to that." But I thought wrong. I should've thought, "Somebody else will get to that before I do." So mystery person drank my last cold one and it made me angry. I would never drink their stuff!

I decided why I, and my twin of a mother, are such horders. It's because we don't want to rely on anybody else for anything. So we have to protect what we've got.

Well you know what. I need people. I need their stuff sometimes and you know what? That's ok. We need each other. And I will leave an extra beer in the fridge for sharing's sake. 

Mr Rodger's eat your heart out.

1 comment:

  1. THANK you.

    I love this little epiphany. The only child comes out in me when it comes to sharing. I'd rather buy someone else dinner than share my own.

    I'm such a jerk!

    If someone drinks your beer - come over, I have plenty in my fridge!

    ReplyDelete